Saturday, 2 January 2016

MAC New Year Haul

New year, new makeup... 

Well sort of, new shades maybe but they're certainly firmly within my usual colour palette. 

I took a little trip to MAC last week to pickup an eyeshadow and a lipstick. Two products, that's all. Then I spotted another eyeshadow that I have had on the list for a longtime and before I knew it there were five shadows in my hot, little hands.

You know what I mean when I say 'list'? The mental list of products that bloggers, YouTubers and Instagrammers constantly talk about and you think to yourself 'I must look at that next time I'm in MAC'...yeah, that list. The wishlist.

Anyway, Mehr lipstick and Patina eyeshadow have been on my list for ages but because I can't be disciplined and just stop at one neutral eyeshadow I bought a few others that looked gorgeous aswell. 

I picked up a replacement Brule because I have well and truly hit pan on mine and it's only a matter of time until it's gone completely and I need a newie, such a great base lid shade for pale gals. I use it for nearly every neutral eye look, it's an absolute go-to shade. 


L-R: Patina, Concrete, Brule, Copperplate and Quarry
The other colours I grabbed were Quarry; a dusty matte purple-brown, Copperplate; a warm grey tone, Patina; a bronze with a good shine but without the glittery shimmer and Concrete; a warm toned grey-brown.



I picked up Mehr lipstick first, it looked just as wonderful in person as Instagram had indicated, an easy to wear dusty rose hue and I also picked up a shade I hadn't heard of before called Pretty Boy. Don't let the appearance fool you, it looks like it's going to be a bright neon shade but it goes on sheer and gives a lovely warm, pink slick to the lips with a good amount of shine. A couple of swipes and you can definitely build it up to be a more concentrated watermelon colour, but you still keep that glossy shine, great for summer. Note the below swatch is about three swipes. 


L-R: Pretty Boy and Mehr

Finally the two eyeliners of choice were Powersurge and Prunella. Both are Eye Kohls which mean they are very soft formulas and easy to blend. 

L-R: Powersurge and Prunella


Prunella is a deep matte purple shade, it looks almost brown at a glance but it is a good alternative for black if you are looking for something softer. Powersurge is a fiercely metallic dark gold shade which you could use on the lower lash line to complement any gold eye look or even as a base for a similar toned shadow to really intensify the colour. 


I'm very happy with my little loot, it's funny how buying a few new variations of neutral eyeshadows can get you so excited, or is that just me? Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments: